The Trindade Church in Porto was built in the 19th century by architect Carlos Amarante. Although construction lasted throughout the century, the nave was opened in 1841 and the chancel was completed in 1892. Its neoclassical granite facade contrasts with the carved altarpieces, including the main altarpiece by Marques da Silva. The church exemplifies the fusion of baroque and neoclassicism in Amarante’s style. The Third Order of the Holy Trinity bought it in 1802 and construction began in 1809.